Calvin at Gramofun


I finally had a chance to register Calvin in his own daytime activity with mommy, now that Kira is in preschool 2 full days a week. I chose a course in Longueuil called Gramofun, which is a fun introduction to music for babies and children aged 0 to 5. We had an energetic instructor in Julie, pictured above with Calvin.

Calvin started the class off quite apprehensively, as he didn't quite know what to make of the environment. However, as the weeks passed he became a little bit less reserved and more participatory. Every time we'd park the car across from the building where the classes took place, he'd say "That's my school, and my teacher is Julie." I think he really enjoyed having a school experience to himself, having heard about Kira's school so often. And of course being my son, when he had his pick of instruments it was all drums all the time!

Here are a few photos and videos from one of our classes.




Here is a bit of free dance which Julie incorporates in each class. She brings different music each week for the kids to move to.



As always, I met a great group of moms and kids. I was happy to be registered along with my friend Anny Pier and her children. Anny Pier and I met during a season of Cardio Poussette when our older kids were just babies! And I met a new friend Isabel there too, who introduced herself to me after recognizing me from reading this blog! Wow, how rewarding is that!

Comments

Unknown said…
This sounds cool...you need to tell me more about this. Do they have anything in the summer? Also...wanted to know if you're free this coming Wed. morning? Will email you!