Celebrating Emily's 3rd birthday

Summer birthday parties are always so hard to organize because of people who are vacationing, busy weekends and the like. My birthday is in July and so I have memories of my childhood birthdays being spent mostly with family. It was rare for me to have a party with my friends since they were all usually gone on vacations with their families. I shouldn't say this, but I remember trying my best to "fill" my parties by calling everyone in my phonebook, so often it would be a party full of B-listers. Not people I would regularly hang out with, but people who I knew at some level. Maybe they just felt sorry for me and came hoping for a good loot bag. But I digress...

Kira and Calvin were invited to celebrate their friend Emily's 3rd birthday on Monday afternoon. The timing was perfect because the party was geared to stay-at-home moms and our kids, so no having to negotiate busy weekend schedules. It was scheduled from 1pm to 3pm, and boy was it ever 2 hours of action-packed fun! Emily plus 7 of her friends. A bit of outdoor play upon arrival until the clouds loomed a bit too close.



The kids got settled in inside and got busy with the toys. Then came the cake. What an awesome idea for a birthday cake! Heidi made a flower out of cupcakes. Check this out! And no mess or hassle in cutting it, either. Brilliant!


Okay, now that we're all sugared up, time to open the gifts!


Mums & kids:


Oops, I'd better put a photo of my own kids in here! Sadly, this is the only one I managed to take:


Pin the Blanket on the Iggle-Piggle:


Okay now mommies, check out this loot bag! It includes a homemade colouring book with crayons, homemade play-dough in an awesome plastic sealed storage container, a homemade (okay, so it's kind of pirated, oops!) DVD of In the Night Garden, cookies with a homemade souvenir / thank you label, bubbles, and the pièce de résistance...


A homemade Tombliboo puppet (seriously, Heidi made one of these for each of the kids!):


What an awesome party it was! Thank you Heidi, for organizing such a fun gathering! And Happy Birthday Emily!! I'm sure she was pooped and elated by the end of the festivities!

Meanwhile, back at home Kira couldn't wait to dig into the play-dough and get creative!

Comments