Sleepy Mikayla


On August 15th, the Takeda family welcomed its newest addition, Mikayla Miya Belanger. Here she is with her mommy, Stacy. Mikayla weighed in at 7 lbs. 15 oz. and is already 2.5 months old! (See how I was mentioning how behind I am on my blogging?)

Now, the most amusing thing to me about Mikayla is that, despite the fact that I see her mom twice a week for our stroller workouts (you can read about that here and here), I very rarely get to see Mikayla awake! In fact, I wonder if there was even one workout when she was awake?? So, I had to ask permission to snag this photo, which was actually taken by her daddy Shawn on a beautiful fall day only a couple of weeks ago.

Stacy's sister Ali (who I've also recently posted about here) also joins in on the workouts twice a week. Ali's baby Hunter has grown so much already, it's incredible. And he's the happiest baby on the block until the end of the workout, when he and Calvin start up a chorus of "WAAAAH!!" for the entire 15 minutes of our mat work / cool down. Luckily for me, as soon as we move for our walk back home, Calvin quietens down, but by then Hunter's just had enough of sitting in the stroller. I think he'd rather be bootin' around somewhere, on his hands and knees. Too bad the weather is getting a bit too chilly to hang around outside and let him crawl on the grass! Here are my kids with Hunter during a happier post-workout moment.

Stacy and Ali have 5 kids between them - wow! I admire them constantly for their closeness to their extended family. Oh, and did I mention that Stacy and Ali are married (& common-law) with half-brothers? Isn't that just the coolest thing in the world? So, their kids share pretty much the same grandparents from both sides (with some exceptions in there that are too complicated to get into). Now, that's so amazing!

Comments