Our first library outing


Yesterday was our first visit to the Candiac library. Well, any library at all, really. There's an enormous amount of construction in Candiac these days, so the route was a bit rough. However, we pushed our way through the gravel-filled road (I'm thankful for my great double-stroller with big wheels!) and found our way to the library. Here are photos of the construction that greeted us on the way (above), and the library (left). I understand the building used to be a church. It's now beautifully renovated and very modern inside.

I hadn't been to a library myself in several years, so this was an exciting outing for me. Calvin got a free library card because he's a new Candiac baby! 2007 was Candiac's 50th anniversary and as part of the celebration all babies born that year received a letter authorizing a free membership for a year! So, both Calvin and Kira borrowed on his card (I'll get a family membership this year, and meanwhile we'll all borrow on Calvin's account, heehee!).



Now, anyone who knows Kira knows that books are the center of her universe! She could sit and read books for hours on end and would gladly do so if I had enough patience to sit with her (sometimes she'll amuse herself by pretending to read, which is also great fun to watch, and part of her imagination / language-building). So a library is like Kira Heaven! I don't know if she had ever seen so many books in one space. Kira was so excited, she kept picking books off the shelf, so I had to limit her pickings to 3 books (and 2 for Calvin).



We're looking forward to making a weekly jaunt to the library a part of our routine.

Comments

Courtney said…
looks like fun! my boys love going to story time at the library. I am not brave enough to get books, they might not make it back!!!